• Concerts – On October 3rd 2019 and through the 6th, Elephant House Quartet is performing a Baroque concert a day in Churches in and around Copenhagen. On 3/10, 7:30pm in Ordrup Church. The 4/10, 5pm in Frederiksberg Church. On 5/10, 4pm in Charlottenlund, Messias Church. And finally, the 6/10, 4pm in Markus in Copenhagen.
• Frederiksværk musikfestival – On July 6th, my baroque ensemble Elephant House Quartet will perform a selection of G. Ph. Telemann works from our upcoming Pentatone release.
• Copenhagen Baroque Festival – June 26th to 30th will be the first installment of the Copenhagen Baroque Festival. From the artistic direction to playing, Bolette is very much involved in the elaboration of this festival featuring renowned artists from all over Europe in Copenhagen’s iconic venues notably the Round Tower, Trinitatis Church, bracketed by concerts at Nimb’s concert hall overlooking the Tivoli Gardens. This year’s lineup of artists consists amongst others of Polish baroque ensemble Arte dei Suonatori, Danish Sopranos Annemette Pødenphandt & Clara Cecilie Thomsen, cellist Andreas Brantelid and Bolette’s own Elephant House Quartet. Tickets available on billetto.dk. More information on the festival’s website (link).
• Masterclass – From February 25th to the 28th and along with Aureliusz Golinski, Reiko Ichise and others, I will be in Warsaw contributing to this year’s edition of the Arte dei Suonatori Masterclasses. The workshop focuses both on theory and technique in the historical performance practice. The course does not solely target baroque instruments players but also those, who want to enrich contemporary music performance with historically informed performance practice. More information.
• Happy 2019 – Dear all – my wishes for a beautiful and healthy 2019. Thank you for listening, joining concerts and supporting during 2018 – I hope that the music will at times soothe, at times encourage and at times just bring simple joy.