• CD release – Elephant House Quartet is very happy to present our first release with the amazing Dutch label, Pentatone. A collection of oeuvres from the great Baroque composer G. Ph. Telemann, including solo fantasias, one of his many trio sonatas, a beautiful suite as well as one of the famous Paris quartets. This bouquet of colorful pieces is constituting our “Telemann’s Garden“. Our choice of album title stems from Telemann’s affinity for gardens, where he would saunter, seeking inspiration during the first half of the 18th century. Telemann’s Garden is set to be released digitally world-wide on October 11th, 2019. And for the very curious, the album is already available for pre-order on the PENTATONE webshop.
• US Concert series – From October 22nd to 26th 2019, I will be performing my solo J. S. Bach repertoire in New York (22/10), as part of the EM/NY (Early Music/New York) concert series, and in Washington D.C at the National Gallery of Art (25/10). Finally, a concerto as soloist with the EM/NY orchestra (26/10), a repertoire of J. A. Scheibe & G. Ph. Telemann.
• Concerts – On October 3rd 2019 and through the 6th, Elephant House Quartet is performing a Baroque concert a day in Churches in and around Copenhagen. On 3/10, 7:30pm in Ordrup Church. The 4/10, 5pm in Frederiksberg Church. On 5/10, 4pm in Charlottenlund, Messias Church. And finally, the 6/10, 4pm in Markus in Copenhagen.
• Frederiksværk musikfestival – On July 6th, my baroque ensemble Elephant House Quartet will perform a selection of G. Ph. Telemann works from our upcoming Pentatone release.
• Copenhagen Baroque Festival – June 26th to 30th will be the first installment of the Copenhagen Baroque Festival. From the artistic direction to playing, Bolette is very much involved in the elaboration of this festival featuring renowned artists from all over Europe in Copenhagen’s iconic venues notably the Round Tower, Trinitatis Church, bracketed by concerts at Nimb’s concert hall overlooking the Tivoli Gardens. This year’s lineup of artists consists amongst others of Polish baroque ensemble Arte dei Suonatori, Danish Sopranos Annemette Pødenphandt & Clara Cecilie Thomsen, cellist Andreas Brantelid and Bolette’s own Elephant House Quartet. Tickets available on billetto.dk. More information on the festival’s website (link).